Downtown Birmingham shoppers will enjoy special perks this spring and summer as the City undergoes the highly anticipated Old Woodward Reconstruction Project. The project, scheduled to begin in late March and wrap up in late July, will include upgrades that will transform the underground functionality and the above-ground aesthetics of downtown Birmingham.
The Birmingham Shopping District (BSD) wants the public to know shops will be open and accessible throughout construction, and they’re counting on customer support during the project. As an extra incentive for shoppers, the BSD is offering Birmingham Bonus Bucks (BBB) throughout construction!
Merchants - download Birmingham Bonus Bucks instructions here!
Details about the program are as follows:
- $20 in Birmingham Bonus Bucks will be awarded to shoppers for every $100 spent at BSD retailers, and for every $200 spent at BSD restaurants between April 9 and July 15, or until the promotion maximum has been reached. A restaurant is defined as any BSD business that serves food and beverages.
- Birmingham Bonus Bucks must be redeemed in person for their full $20 value (no change will be given) during one purchase at a BSD business by July 25, 2018.
- Individuals are eligible to earn a maximum of $100 in Birmingham Bonus Bucks each month during the promotional period.
- Shoppers may download the Birmingham Bonus Bucks Submission Form here. Shoppers will submit their contact information, the name of the store(s)/restaurants, dollars spent and upload a photo of their receipts. The BSD will issue Birmingham Bonus Bucks and mail it (via USPS) to the shopper. Receipts can also be processed at the BSD office, Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Authentic Birmingham Bonus Bucks will be numbered and embossed.
- Purchases made while redeeming Birmingham Bonus Bucks will not count toward earning more Birmingham Bonus Bucks.
- Online submissions of receipts must be received no later than July 16, 2018 in order for Birmingham Bonus Bucks to be mailed to the recipient.
Questions should be directed to the BSD at 248-530-1200. Happy shopping and enjoy!